- Remember this blog is available on a public Web site. Full names should not be used in keeping with our principle of personal anonymity at the public level.
- Please keep your comments to 300 words or less. Keep the focus on you –what you are doing, can do, or have done. It is not important how your Sponsor, the alcoholic, or someone else is applying the Step. Participants want your experience, strength, and hope or your struggle to find help so that we can take the ideas that appeal to us and apply them to our personal situations.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, or sharing your views on unrelated items are not permissible on this blog and will be removed in total.
- Do not include any personal information that would allow another participant in this blog to contact you. If someone does contact you, please notify the World Service Office firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. If you are seeking a personal contact, the WSO can refer you to a local meeting contact.
- If a comment appears to be inappropriate (not just that you disagree with it), you can write to the WSO at email@example.com Subject: Step blog. It will get to the responsible person delegated to address your concern.
- Do not include quotations from any literature or other speaker, as explained in the introduction. Do not copy or distribute the comments posted on this blog at Al-Anon meetings.
- All comments posted here become the property of Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. and may be used in whole or in part—in print, on the Internet, or in any other media—in the development of
Al-Anon material without further permission or compensation.